Monday, April 4, 2011

Dungeons & Caverns

Sometimes I wonder how far down the nerd hole I can go. Case in point: D&D games have been sparse over the past month, so I decided to take advantage of the down time and start building terrain for the game. These are modular sets I've cast from high-density dental plaster in silicone molds that I procured from the interwebz.

The plaster is relatively cheap, and I'm mostly using latex house paint, so more than anything it's just finding the four or five hours it takes to cast, glue, and paint a set. I think they turned out rather nice for the first sets.

Also, with Seattle's vast gaming community, I should be able to dump something like these on Craigslist for $50-70 a piece.

























































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LIKE

spookytunee said...

WOW IMPRESSIVE THAT'S ART, SON.

TN said...

those look awesome!

カート said...

daaaaaang, I always wanted to attempt making stuff like this. Keep up the good work.