Monday, June 6, 2011

...In which our hero embarks on an adventure

Hey folks. I'm back. I took a break from the blog. I figure getting married is a good enough reason to be busy.

The wedding was really nice, and a lot of fun. People ask me what my favorite part was. It was the part where everything went as planned. Steph did an amazing job planning the event, and I'm glad everything went smoothly and everyone had a great time.




















My mom and two of my sisters flew out for the day.














And my best friend/man, Chris came out for a week.














This kinda sums it up:
















And so do these:

































































A week later was the honeymoon. A trip to my childhood stomping ground, Newport RI. No real itinerary, other than seeing the sights and relaxing.

We saw huge mansions,















And rocky cliffs along the Atlantic,















and the house I lived in when I was twelve.















When I was four (circa 1979), I had really long hair, and would always run past this barber shop because I was convinced if the barbers saw me they would pull me inside and force a reasonable haircut on me.















Unfortunately some of my childhood memories didn't quite live up. My favorite milkshakes as a kid are no longer made with real ice cream, nor was my favorite flavor, mint chocolate chip still available. Some things should stay in the past.




















I drowned my sorrows with a regional microbrew at the oldest tavern in America.




















And saw an old tower built by vikings.




















In short; my life rules.

4 comments:

chard said...

congrats on your marriage!
next time you are in RI you should ride mopeds with us in Providence

spookytunee said...

groovy man totally groovy.

Ian T said...

congratulations sir! the pictures look awesome and we are quite pleased for you and Steph

TN said...

!!!!